This guide will go over how to unlock the mage artifact weapon appearances in Legion including and I will also be showing you how to unlock the alternate hidden artifact weapon colours…
Unlocking Alternate Hidden Artifact Weapon Colors
Unlocking the first hidden appearance is different for each weapon, but getting the other 3 colors for it is the same for every weapon.
- Complete 100 dungeons using a hidden appearance
- Complete 200 World Quests using a hidden appearance
- Kill 1,000 enemy players using a hidden appearance
Not yet known
- You can get the item, The Star’s Design, from a random drop off Nightborne enemies in Suramar.
- Rare spawns have a higher chance of dropping it.
- Upgrade your Order Hall to tier 2 and select the Teleportation Nexus upgrade, which requires level 105.
- Whenever you teleport back to the Order Hall, you have a chance to trigger a message that tells you about a sound at the portals downstairs.
- Take any of those portals and you will be teleported to a special version of Frostfire Ridge in Draenor.
- There will be a crystal on the ground that you can loot to give you the Everburning Crystal. Use this to unlock the hidden appearance.